4.10.2008

He's My Baby Daddy

One of the coolest things aside from feeling the baby move for myself is noticing the way our little tyke responds to Andy's voice. I know that not being able to talk to the baby for himself was something that really bothered him while he was deployed, and now that he's home, he's made it a point to make up for his absence. He talks to the baby, reads to the baby, kisses the baby (well, the belly anyway), and pushes on the baby every chance he gets. The crazy part is, the baby responds. When Andy talks, the baby wiggles all around. Sometimes Andy puts his mouth right up to my belly when he' s talking and more than once he's received a little hello kick (or punch, or elbow???) right in the kisser. It's the funnest thing ever. I love my baby daddy, and I love to see that the baby loves the daddy, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine what Andy is preaching to him/her. ;) Have you guys tried the flash light-thing yet? XO

Melissa said...

I'm glad to hear your baby is a little sassy and is getting some kicks and/or elbows in while it can! :) Andy is going to make such a fun dad! Thanks for sharing this story.

Olivia's Dad said...

It must be so nice to have Andy back. I'm looking forward to seeing you this weekend!