Last weekend I took my two personal days off of work and, after securing an aisle seat on the airplane to ensure easy access to bathrooms, headed to Colorado for a much too short long weekend. I never imagined I'd be so far away from my family during my pregnancy, so it was nice to have at least one weekend that resembled what I used to picture. My sister and mom planned an awesome baby shower where we played all the cheesy games, ate lots of food (yummy guacamole!), opened a mountain of gifts, and most importantly, where I was able to see and talk with so many people who I haven't seen in far too long.
Julie (Auntie) and Me
Julie bought the sash and necklace...aren't they pretty?
The cake was topped with Cabbage Patch figurines that my grandma bought in 1987
The onsie says it all
Exhausted after opening so many wonderful gifts.
My grandma with all 61/2 of her great-grandkids
The grandkids were a little more cooperative for the picture
Julie bought the sash and necklace...aren't they pretty?
The onsie says it all
Exhausted after opening so many wonderful gifts.(Grant's kindly pointing out what I'm doing in this picture)
After the shower I got to come home and relive all the excitement as I shared all the cool new baby gear we received with Andy. And now that there's actually something in it, nursery pictures will be coming soon...
3 comments:
You look so beautiful! It's so neat to know that your grandma bought the Cabbage Patch Kids that were on your cake! How fun! I hope you are able to use all the cool stuff you got!
Oh how I would love to have been there. Can't wait to see that sweet little baby!
Lisa, you look beautiful. Your little baby is so blessed to have such wonderful parents.
Post a Comment