Saturday my parents arrived in Philly to spend the week with us. This is the first time in 4 years that the CO schools’ spring break matched mine, and my mom and I were determined to make the most of it.
Our week was jam packed with fun and quality time spent together. Having 3 of the people I love most in the world in the same state is a luxury I rarely experience.
We spent Easter afternoon at a small local airport where we had a yummy brunch and watched the planes take off and land.
Atlantic City View
Tuesday we spent the day touring the historic sights in Philadelphia. And of course, for the omnivores in the group we hit Geno’s for some famous Philly cheese steaks.
Independence Hall- This is where the Declaration of Independence was signed
Wednesday we were off to NYC. 
A view of the Empire State building from the top of Rockefeller Center
We checked into our hotel, hailed a taxi, and ended up at Tavern on the Green where we enjoyed lunch and the décor.
Lunch at Tavern on the Green
Lunch was followed by the Broadway show Jersey Boys, which we all thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend. Later that night we had dinner in Times Square.
Mesmerized by the lights in Times Square
Thursday we got an early start at the Today show. 
Matt Lauer was happy to see us
After some shopping on 5th Avenue, we took a subway to lower Manhattan and ate lunch on the pier overlooking the East River. Next we visited Ground Zero. Then we were off to SoHo for some shopping. Finally we ended up back in Times Square for ice cream and more shopping.
Friday was low key. We recovered from all our city walking and had a great dinner at a local downtown restaurant.
Saturday I had to say goodbye to my parents for now. It’s always sad to say goodbye to them, but I know I’ll see them again soon.
On the train to NYC
Andy and I still had a little adventure of our own in store for Saturday. We bought our first new car. We knew we needed a safer car, so we’ve been saving and researching for a while. On Saturday we decided on a Nissan Altima.
All in all, it was an amazing week. I loved sharing my pregnancy with my parents, and having Andy home to experience the rest of it with me is exciting beyond words. I’m sad that our time off is over and we’re both heading back to work on Monday, but I’m so relieved to have him home. Besides, I have a feeling that we have many more moments of perfection in store for us in the future.

6 comments:
What a wonderful week! You look great and I'm so excited for you... what you're experiencing now and what you're about to experience soon!
I'm so glad that you all had such a great time. You all deserved it! Thanks for sharing your fun pictures! You look beautiful!!
I know your Mom and Dad were happy to see their "little girl" pregnant with her own child. Time does go by...we remember when.
You look great and sound wonderful. We're all grateful Andy is home safe and sound.
Your blogs are a pleasure to read Lisa and Andy. It gives more insight into you both. Your perfect life comes from your love for each other.
Take Care,
Aunt Arlene
I am so happy and excited for you guys! I love reading this blog and seeing what's going on with you, especially since I only get to see you about once a year, if that. I love you guys and do think about you often. I'm just so happy for you!
Love,
Abby
What a wonderful week you had together! Your parents are adorable, and seeing you and Andy finally together when so much fun stuff is happening got me all weepy. I know you're having fun sharing all of the movements and kicks with him--they're the best and make it so much more real to the dads. Big hugs to you three!
Love, Karyn
Yay! The whole family is home! I totally forgot to ask you about your week with Andy & your parents...I'm so glad I saved your blog in my email account. It looks like you all had a blast...I'm so jealous. We were whooping it up in Ohio. ;) Love the pics!
Post a Comment