11.03.2009

Halloween and A Little Surprise

Landon was a late walker; a fact I was perfectly ok with. I had no worries or desires to rush this milestone, but I did harbor a tiny hope that he'd be walking by Halloween. Because how cute would he be on our neighborhood sidewalks, toddling around as mini-Elmo? Well, his timing couldn't have been more perfect. He'd been working on it for a few weeks and in the days leading up to the big night he was really getting to be an independent little walker. Funny then, that he spent the entire (short lived though it was) trick-or-treating portion of the evening in either Andy's or my arms. He. Refused. To. Walk. There was no negotiating. He did not want to walk, and he most definitely did not want to accept candy from strangers. Like I said, the trick-or-treating portion of our evening turned out to be very brief. But he was SO cute. And it his stubbornness makes for good memories!

Asserting his position on walking


Trick-or-Treating with Dad


And with Mom


Showing off our Sesame Street themed jack-o-lanterns with Henry


And now for the Little Surprise...


Expected to Arrive May 24

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I love Landon's grumpy face and your pumpkins are awesome!!

I know I already told you but congrats again on baby #2!!! Apparently Maisie and Mickenzie are already picking out baby names for you! :)

Just think by this time next year you'll have a WALKING Landon and another baby to carry on Halloween ;)

Autumn and Barrett said...

Yay!!! I was hoping that was the surprise! Only little in the literal sense my friend. Landon looked so cute on Halloween, and I will be devastated if I don't get to meet him before his sibling arrives. Any chance you'll be in CO for Christmas?

Autumn and Barrett said...

You have no idea how much your comment just made my morning.

Adriane Nau said...

Congrats again... so excited for you all. It sounds like we need to all get together at Christmas!

Melissa said...

Yes we do need to all get together for Christmas!! Let me know when you all will be in town and we can plan something! That would be awesome!