Andy thought is was necessary. That Landon was getting a mullet. I was fine with the mullet and resisting my baby's first haircut but eventually ceded under the condition that the second haircut would be mine alone to schedule. It ended up OK except that now, when he wakes up in the morning his new, shorter hair sticks up in the back. Kinda cute, though.
Now I'll warn you. The next part of this is going to be pure Momma gushing.
I am absolutely in love with Landon at this age. He's almost 17 months and is wonderful.
Things I always want to remember about Landon at this age:
- First words I hear from the monitor when we wakes up in the morning, "Up! Please! Banana?"
- He cracks himself up giving our leather couch raspberries
- To turn pages in a book he insists on using both hands while his fingers are clasped together like he's praying. Where did he come up with this?
- He asks for the "A B's?" song, and when I sing it he looks at me like I'm crooning a love song just for him. Complete eye contact, big silly grin, and he's over the moon when I pause occasionally and let him fill in the next letter.
- His obsession with letters; he knows 23 uppercase. He shouts (and I do mean SHOUTS) them out in the car when he sees them on a billboard, in the mall when he sees them on a sign, in his books when I read to him.
- His response to "What color is this?" is always "blue". At least the first time.
- His favorite game is having us draw a letter for him on his Magna-Doodle and then telling us what it says.
- He sets a book on my knee and says, "Please? Lap?" Ah, how could I ever, ever say no?
- Every time he sees Sushi he gives him a gentle head butt then looks at me for approval.
- For some reason he thinks the outside of the toilet bowl is a great place for his tongue.
- All bodies of water are referred to as "bath"
I could really go on and on. I probably will on my own private list so I can always remember.
Happy Thanksgiving!
3 comments:
Lisa, you will remember all of these things about Landon....for a lifetime! Thank you for writing them. They brought back all of my memories when Michael was a little one! Love, Aunt Linda
His haircut looks great (I can't believe how big he is)! We have yet to cut Olivia's hair. Love the "mama gushing"- what a smartie knowing his letters!
What a cute little boy you have! And so smart. Although I will admit the toilet part made me a little grossed out! You and Andy are great parents and doing such a fantastic job with Landon!
Post a Comment