8.17.2011

Landon's Big 3

Apparently I just need a little bit of guilt once in a while to get my butt blogging, so for those of you who still care, here goes...

Landon turned 3, and we decided since his birthday coincided with a 4 day weekend for Andy, another trip to Disney would be a fine way to celebrate. Now that Landon knew what the whole Disney thing was all about, his anticipation made the drive seem a bit looooonger for him and he started asking if we were at the hotel yet after about 20 minutes.

We, in fact, made record time (apparently not having to nurse at every stop cuts about an hour and a half off our drive time) and were at Disney in time for dinner.

A few observations...
1) Disney World on the 4th of July weekend is INSANE. I'm not sure it's the busiest weekend of the year, but it has to be close. The good news is, we weren't interested in the fancy popular rides, the slow kiddie ones were just fine by us.
2) Disney World on the 4th of July weekend is HOT.
3) When watching fireworks at Disney World on the 4th of July, staying just outside the gate is a really great idea.
4) We can still have a pretty amazing time at Disney World on the 4th of July weekend.

Helping each other through the long hours in the car

We learned last time that if you want to ride Dumbo, you better get there nice and early  

Enjoying the mouse ear off his birthday ice-cream

My little 4th of July girl

One of the workers (I'm sure they have a much happier Disnified title, I just don't know it) gave Andy a complimentary cupcake for our anniversary

Disney World sure can wear a guy out!

Getting a little loopy waiting for fireworks

Christmas card, perhaps?



3 comments:

Autumn and Barrett said...

I still care! Your family is gorgeous. Love the Christmas card, and couldn't help but visualize rows and rows of Disney figurines on your shelves at home in CS. Totally living the dream. :)

Gina and Derek said...

1) your arms look amazing.
2) I love that hand holding pic of Landon in backseat
3) I'm glad the guilt worked.

Melissa said...

I still care too! I love the picture of Livia and Landon holding hands!! Did they give you a cupcake too or just Andy!? Very cute pictures. Thanks for sharing.