3.02.2011

A Wedding

President's Day weekend we flew to Colorado to be a part of my dear friend Melissa's big day. I've been waiting for her man to pop the question for like 3 years now, so when I finally got the call this summer, I was super stoked. My excitement intensified a few days later when she called back to ask if I'd be a bride's maid and if Landon could be the ring bearer. My answer was of course an enthusiastic "Yes!" on both counts, and that brings us to the big day in February.

We weren't really sure how Landon would do because, well, he's 2, and because large crowds aren't really his cup of tea. We decided to nix the pillow holding idea after he immediately drop kicked it on his first practice run down the aisle, but other than that he seemed qualified to perform the duty.

It was a lovely ceremony with the couple saying their vows before a spectacular window framed view of the mountains. And I'm so grateful that neither the bride nor the groom were disrupted from their matrimonial concentration by my son's repeated uttering of the mantra "Mommy's right here... Mommy's right here" as he hid behind my dress throughout the entire ceremony. After the kiss sealed the deal, the crowd went wild, which caused Landon to lose it completely. When it was time for us to recess he stood petrified and bawling in his spot until I eventually ditched my groomsman so I could pick him up and carry him back up the aisle. All in all, a big success.

After some pictures and food, the kids were packed up and sent back to my parents house with Auntie so Andy and I could spend the rest of the evening dancing and catching up with good friends. It was a fine time, and I'm so happy for my newly wedded bff.


 Caught in the act


 Pretty pleased with himself and his pillow kicking antics


 My dashing date


 Ladies man


 Death grip recessional 


 Me and my loves


Many congratulations to Schmelly and Rueb!

3 comments:

Autumn and Barrett said...

Schmelly and Reub! Wonderful! I was so so sad to miss this but am loving the pictures and recaps. Looks just lovely.

Melissa said...

Your newly wedded bff is so happy that you and Landon could be a part of her wedding! It meant so much to me to have you there. Thank you for posting these pictures. I love the one of Landon drop kicking the pillow and being so proud of himself! He was a wonderful little ring bearer and you were a wonderful bride's maid! Hopefully you won't have to wait another 3 years for the next exciting call :)

Lisa said...

I loved being a part of it! Thank you for including us. And, now that you mention it, I can't wait for the next exciting call! Holy crap. So excited.