I have to admit I was more than slightly unenthusiastic about motoring our family to the happiest place on earth for a week. A 8 (9 with my kids) hour car ride followed by 5 days of stroller napping, nighttime room sharing, and eating on the go seemed like a recipe for disaster, or at the very least extreme exhaustion for all.
It turns out I was the most wonderful kind of wrong.
We
all loved Disney World.
We laughed our way through rides, cuddled with Mickey and friends, satiated our taste buds with foreign delights, and left convinced it is a small world after all.
Livia was in awe of the festivities each day but still managed to nap in the stroller or the ergo baby on her usual schedule. She was even game for our somewhat chaotic eating on the go, and was a good sport about her limited mobility throughout each day.
I never could have imagined the reaction Landon would have to those giant characters. Landon, my Landon, who hates change, is terrified of even the fluffiest 4 legged creatures, and avoids all loud noises he isn't responsible for creating could not get enough. The bear hug he laid on Pooh was one of the highlights of the trip for me. Just pure, innocent, love for that silly old bear. Every morning he would wake up asking to go say hi to Mickey, and every night as we drove away he would contentedly exclaim, "Mommy, Landon had fun at Disney World!"
 |
| Started the trip off right with a visit to Magic Kingdom |
 |
| Shaking hands with The Mouse himself |
 |
| Cheers for ears! |
 |
Riding with Grandpa
|
 |
| We had to spend a day at Universal so we would walk in Diagon Alley, shop at Ollivander's, and sip some butterbeer. Hogwarts is in the background. |
 |
| A little less formal with Mickey by day 3 |
 |
| Livia woke up from her nap just in time to smile for the camera |
 |
| My mouse ears ice cream cone on our kid-free afternoon |
 |
| A very Thing-ful couch |
 |
| Squeeeeeze!!! |
Even though we weren't able to escape the extreme exhaustion I was dreading, everything else about our trip to Disney World turned out to be, well, magical.
2 comments:
I love this post! I too am reticent about it, not sure why. Just not something I grew up with, so I can't get down with all of these Northeasterners who rave about it (maybe i am just resistant to them?). I love this last picture. Thank you for posting. I will re-read as we are planning to put down house deposits for our trip there next december!
I'm so glad you all had such a fun time! That is so cool that Landon enjoyed every moment of it. I saw Grant wearing his Thing 3 shirt at school today.
Post a Comment