1.27.2011

Another Day at the Beach

One of the problems I have with keeping my blog updated is that I'll start a post and then get interrupted, and by the time I remember to go back to it, it really doesn't seem relevant anymore so I just start a new post, which then gets interrupted... you get the idea. So I have all of these unfinished posts just sitting there.
I came across the pictures I planned on using in a post back in October and decided that even though they are technically not an update, I (in hopes that it will entice more of y'all to come visit us) wanted to post them anyway.

These are the pictures from the last visit we made to the beach where the water was still warm enough for us (i.e. me and my thin blood... braver souls venture in much later in the year than this) to swim. This was in mid-October.  We met Andy there after work on a Friday evening, and it was really the most perfect beach outing we've had so far.

At our beach there usually is a sandbar that's shallow enough for Landon play on, but on this day the tide was out and the sandbar was high enough that it was actually out of the water. Landon could sit on dry land and build sandcastles in the middle of the ocean. So amazing.

 Andy and Landon playing on the sandbar

 Livia getting her toes in the water. You can see the beach behind them with the ocean in between.

 Livia footprints.

 Landon, Livia (in my arms) and me sharing the sandbar with some friends. 

Hamming it up on the beach. 


This is ten minutes from our front door. Really, why haven't you come to visit yet? 

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, Lisa! I love the beach pictures. No matter when you post them and the footprints were way too cute. And Uncle Neil loved seeing Livia laugh. He also enjoyed seeing the tunnel pictures from your previous blogs. Hope your winter has been better than ours! Love, Aunt Linda

Melissa said...

I LOVE the picture of Livia's feet! That is so sweet. Looks like you live in paradise! We'll try to come for a visit as soon as we can! :)