When Landon was born I asked Andy to write the blog about his birth because I thought it would be interesting to read his perspective on that day, so when Livia was born I thought we should continue that tradition. A few days after we got home from the hospital I asked him if he'd like to do it and he said that he would. Then work called and he got really busy...
He finally found a few minutes this past week. So here's his version. Or maybe it's Livia's version as dictated to Andy. Better late than never.
So my parents have probably told you the story about how I was born, but I asked them to wait to post about me on the family blog until I could become a little more verbal and dictate fully what the experience was like. If you haven’t met me yet, Hi, my name is Livia Anne and I was born on May the 27th. At first my parents were a little nervous about the date because everyone was born on the 3rd of a month except me, but I told them, “Hey, no sweat 27 is 3 cubed, so all is good, anyway back to the real topic.”
On that fateful morning, my Daddy woke up as per the norm at 6am and started getting ready for his work softball game. Just as he was about to leave for the day, my Mommy said “O husband dearest, I think you might want to stay home and pack the car, the little one is starting to come now.” Thankfully, Grandma had just arrived to stay with us the night before, because nobody really wanted to find out how my big brother would have fared at the hospital for the next two days. After taking approximately forever, my daddy was finally ready to take my mommy to the hospital to get things started.
Walking into the delivery ward was a little bit different this time for my parents since they were unprepared because I came when I was ready instead of when the Doc’s wanted me come, like big brother. The day at the hospital was going okay, I was taking my sweet time like all good princesses, I had to make a grand entrance you know, until my daddy drug a chair up on his almost completely healed toe and he got black toe again! Anyway back to me, I was taking my time trying on different outfits for the big reveal. I could not decide whether or not have my cord wrapped around my neck or my right arm. I kept checking in the mirror, the cord looked a little thin by itself and my arm looked a little thick up there next to my double chins, I just could not decide. I eventually decided that both together looked the best and that is how I came out, dressed to the nines, with my arm up around my neck holding my cord in place so it wouldn’t slip off. Mommy and Daddy were surprised to say the least that I came out with such good fashion sense, both immediately fell into tears at the sight of their precious new baby girl.
Next came weight and length, no girl discusses her weight, but this is a big event and all of you want to be in the know so just this once. I hide it very well, my weight that is, and all the nurses were guessing about 6 and half pounds, but not my daddy he was spot on saying that I would weigh 7lbs2oz (actually 7lbs2.6oz so the hospital rounded up to 3oz, but I still think he was right, after all they did weigh me before I had the chance to go potty, the nerve of some people). My length was completely average at 20.5 inches, I guess I don’t hide that very well or it just isn’t as important as weight as nobody was even guessing, but I think my mommy knew how long I was because she knew which size outfit to bring for me to wear home. After a well deserved meal I finally got some sleep and started to settle into my routine of feed, wake, sleep.
I am still mostly following that routine, but think I might start switching to a nap routine sometime here in the near future, I’ll have to get back to you on that as my mommy likes the sleep cycle I am currently on. Well my daddy says it’s time for me to go to bed as all princesses need their beauty rest and we have big plans tomorrow to go to bed, bath and beyond and maybe home depot, but he is not sure if there will be time.
Hope to see you all soon,
Love with hugs and kisses
Livia
On that fateful morning, my Daddy woke up as per the norm at 6am and started getting ready for his work softball game. Just as he was about to leave for the day, my Mommy said “O husband dearest, I think you might want to stay home and pack the car, the little one is starting to come now.” Thankfully, Grandma had just arrived to stay with us the night before, because nobody really wanted to find out how my big brother would have fared at the hospital for the next two days. After taking approximately forever, my daddy was finally ready to take my mommy to the hospital to get things started.
Walking into the delivery ward was a little bit different this time for my parents since they were unprepared because I came when I was ready instead of when the Doc’s wanted me come, like big brother. The day at the hospital was going okay, I was taking my sweet time like all good princesses, I had to make a grand entrance you know, until my daddy drug a chair up on his almost completely healed toe and he got black toe again! Anyway back to me, I was taking my time trying on different outfits for the big reveal. I could not decide whether or not have my cord wrapped around my neck or my right arm. I kept checking in the mirror, the cord looked a little thin by itself and my arm looked a little thick up there next to my double chins, I just could not decide. I eventually decided that both together looked the best and that is how I came out, dressed to the nines, with my arm up around my neck holding my cord in place so it wouldn’t slip off. Mommy and Daddy were surprised to say the least that I came out with such good fashion sense, both immediately fell into tears at the sight of their precious new baby girl.
Next came weight and length, no girl discusses her weight, but this is a big event and all of you want to be in the know so just this once. I hide it very well, my weight that is, and all the nurses were guessing about 6 and half pounds, but not my daddy he was spot on saying that I would weigh 7lbs2oz (actually 7lbs2.6oz so the hospital rounded up to 3oz, but I still think he was right, after all they did weigh me before I had the chance to go potty, the nerve of some people). My length was completely average at 20.5 inches, I guess I don’t hide that very well or it just isn’t as important as weight as nobody was even guessing, but I think my mommy knew how long I was because she knew which size outfit to bring for me to wear home. After a well deserved meal I finally got some sleep and started to settle into my routine of feed, wake, sleep.
I am still mostly following that routine, but think I might start switching to a nap routine sometime here in the near future, I’ll have to get back to you on that as my mommy likes the sleep cycle I am currently on. Well my daddy says it’s time for me to go to bed as all princesses need their beauty rest and we have big plans tomorrow to go to bed, bath and beyond and maybe home depot, but he is not sure if there will be time.
Hope to see you all soon,
Love with hugs and kisses
Livia
5 comments:
Oh man that cord business had me rolling. Her arm looking thick next to her double chins...haha! How sensible of Livia to put to rest any false ideas about how it all went down.
Love you guys, can't wait to meet her. Maybe someday we won't live in opposite corners of the country...
Livia, how sweet of you to write this blog for your Daddy. I know you're so proud of yourself and, of course, that your parents and big brother, Landon, just love you to pieces!
I could totally hear Andy the entire time I was reading that! How funny.
Lisa, you do not look like you just had a baby in either of those pictures and for that I hate you a little bit. :)
Livia is such a sweetie and I can't wait to see you guys again in October! Thanks for sharing the fun story!
So fun! How perfect that 27 is 3 cubed.
I love this so much! so glad you updated, and i can't wait to meet her. --Gina L.
Post a Comment