Andy completed his first marathon on June 27. He opted to run the Seattle Rock n' Roll marathon so we could squeeze in a visit to his aunts and cousin out there. The course was full of hills (which he hadn't prepared for) so it was harder than expected, but he finished which I find amazing - not because I doubted that he could do it but because I find the fact that anyone can run that long amazing. The course was mostly on highways and viaducts so spectators were pretty limited as to where they could watch from, but there were live local bands at each mile for the runners. We waited a few feet from the finish line so we could cheer him on to the end.
Practicing crossing the finish line at the Expo the day before the race
Almost There!
We stayed with his aunt and cousin who live on a lake, so while we didn't get much sight seeing done, we were able to go out on the boat a few times. Landon wasn't too sure about it but I think that was largely because he lost all mobility while wearing his little life jacket. He LOVED meeting his aunts and cousin out there, and he spent much of his vacation giving their dog, Pepper, lots of kisses. He also learned to pull himself up and climb stairs while we were there... life changes for Momma yet again!
Laying back on the boat with Aunt Ann
Trying to take it easy on the board because it's the day before the marathon
First time we walked in to this sight after a nap!
Aunt Sue was Landon's buddy - she let him pick the flowers
Just before this picture Landon learned how to pick his nose and was showing off his new talent for his cousin Christy
3 comments:
Way to go Andy- that is quite the accomplishment! I still can't get over Landon's smile... too cute.
He is SO cute! I'm glad you all had a good time. Way to go, Andy!
Hope you guys are doing well, haven't heard from you in a while! I can't believe how big Landon has gotten. Hope he had a wonderful birthday! I'm trying to find a time to come home before the year is out, hopefully Greg will get on a deployment at the end of the year (for some much needed flying time). If so I'll hopefully get down to see you guys.
Post a Comment