Andy returned home as scheduled (amazingly), and we spent his two weeks of post deployment leave engaging in as much together time and as little technology as possible (no email, no blogs, only a few texts...). We all love having him home. He and Landon quickly became best buds, and even Sushi's getting in on the Andy love.
Our together time included playing in the pools at Glenwood, playing in the pool in our neighborhood, going to parks in Philly, family trips to the grocery store, jogging through our neighborhood (Andy's first marathon is June 27 - Landon and I would join him for the last 3 miles of whatever his goal for that day was), visiting local town fairs, spending time with neighborhood friends, and wonderful together nothingness.
Thanks to all of you who sent words of encouragement while he was away. This was a long one and your thoughts were very much appreciated.
4 comments:
I am glad he is home!!! Tell him good luck on the marathon. You guys should come down and stay with us in September adn he can run the Air Force marathon. Mike is doing the half. Give him the idea if you want. I would love to see you again it has been forever.
WELCOME HOME ANDY!!!
Sounds like fun, and Andy would LOVE that! I'll suggest it, but he might still be in IP school in September (if so- no leave allowed).
That little boy of yours is just so darn cute! I think he gets cuter every time I see him! I LOVE the first picture of Andy and Landon. Very heartwarming! I'm happy Andy made it home safely and you all are having so much fun!
Welcome home Andy!
Post a Comment