We've spent the last few weeks in Montgomery, Alabama and it's been hot, hot, hot! Andy's here for some training and Landon and I tagged along to spend some time with him before he deploys in November. The room we've been living in is small and dirty and rumored to house fleas and fire ants. Luckily we haven't encountered any such critters in our quarters yet, but I'm still not about to let Landon roll around on the floor. These days he's doing all his rolling on our bed which is just fine with him.
He's quite the little ham and puts on a show for the ladies at the playground. He laughs and talks until he draws a crowd, and then he laughs and talks some more. Nap times have been tricky in our new place since it's just the one room, but he's a trooper and continues to sleep through the night.
One huge advantage to being here in the South is that we're oh, so close to the beaches of Florida. Even with Andy's hectic schedule we managed to sneak away for a weekend trip to Florida where Landon got to play in the ocean. We stayed with some friends and they took us to Navarre beach, which is touted as Florida's best kept secret. After spending the day there, I have to say I quite agree. They just don't make beaches like that in Jersey. It was so beautiful and, because of a recent storm surge that brought the bottom of the ocean to the shore, we were able to find piles of sea shells and whole sand dollars.
We ate dinner at a restaurant on the water and watched the sunset. The highlight of the trip for Andy was driving our friend's Porche to dinner even if he did only get to go 65 mph. All in all, it was quite a lovely weekend.
2 comments:
Wow! Those are big sand dollars! I'm glad you were able to take a little trip to the beach! Looks like fun! I'm not surprised Landon is drawing crowds....such a cutie!
Landon is the most well-traveled three month old I know! I love that picture of him with the sand dollar- so cute!
Post a Comment